Net Zero Uk is the sustainability division of S I Sealy & Associates Limited, the leading building services engineering consultant in Greater Manchester and one of the world’s first engineering consultant to be certified carbon neutral to PAS2060. Our sustainability team is at the heart of the built environment’s response to the climate and ecological emergencies and advises leading public and private sector organisations on decarbonisation. This is an exciting and rare opportunity to join and lead a new brand at its formation and be a key part in its success and ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years
S I Sealy’s leading Sustainability, Wellbeing & Building Physics team, NetZeroUk is a key part of our business and growth strategy. We are a PAS2060 Carbon Neutral company that is committed to delivering sustainable design strategies that look well beyound standard compliance solutions to deliver outstanding carbon reduction results for our clients. We pride ourselves on our award winnning track record of designing innovative, sustainable and energy efficient solutions, that minimise the use of natural resources.
- Our team works with high profile clients, locally and nationally – on projects which make a difference
- We are at the forefront of helping businesses and organisations towards net zero, with the support of cutting edge and sophisticated modelling software
- Our team is ambitious, dynamic and focused on delivering for our clients
- We are proud of our culture, which is open, friendly and supportive
- We will support your personal and professional growth – providing you with opportunities to challenge yourself and continually learn
- With hybrid working, we encourage you to achieve a work-life balance; whilst developing strong relationships with your colleagues, in and out of work
- We have a strong social and environmental conscience – supporting our local communities
As Building Physics & Sustainability Engineering Lead, you will lead a team in undertaking calculations & reporting to support public and private sector clients to meet legislative and environmental/net zero commitments and targets. Deliver high-quality and clearly written outputs, and undertake building performance analysis, including Part L compliance, overheating assessment (CIBSE TM59), BRUKL reports and TM54, whilst staying abreast of legislation changes, regulations, and guidance.
You will have an in-depth understanding of thermal analysis, including peak plant sizing, annual energy analysis, lighting control, daylighting, and natural ventilation. The ability to undertake site inspections, covering thermal analysis inputs, including plant inspections and review of O&M manuals, along with a well-rounded understanding of the principles of building physics, from concept design input, options comparisons and thermal modelling.
- IES modelling experience is essential, Apache HVAC and/or EPC accreditation is desirable
- A science, engineering or building-related degree; a building sustainability/energy-related MSc is desirable
- Accreditation as Low Carbon Consultant (design and DSM) and Energy Assessor (level 5) would be favourable;
- CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant – desirable
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Interested in developing design tools to enable more efficient and accurate production of project deliverables.
To apply or discuss this role further – please email Matthew Pickford at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0161 519 4365